Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spandex is my friend.

Working out isn't new to me. I've been a member of our local YMCA for years. I've even devoted months at a time at various classes; turbo kick, Y pump, cardio conditioning and I made a pathetic attempt at high impact step. I have the appropriate attire and an expensive pair of shoes, all at the ready for this brand new chapter in my life.

What I need is a sports bra. One preferrably made by NASA with technology created only by rocket scientists. I'm no Pamela Lee Anderson, but the girls need support!!! I have several sports bras, but they've all seen their day, so I'm on a mission for a sports bra that I can rely on for absolute support and a modicum of comfort. Gracie and I are heading out tonight to find Mama a bra that will hold everything still that should be still; because let's face it - not much else on this ol' body of mine will be still!

I will impart one of my many pearls of wisdom that a mother should share with her daughter: Spandex is our friend. And for the next 10 weeks, spandex will be my very best friend.

I'm still holding out hope that NASA will save the day and offer up a technologically perfect bra. They put a man on the moon, for God's sake! How hard can a superior sports bra be?

Two more days.

The girls are nervous!

1 comment:

  1. Shell, I need a sports bra too! if you find a good one please let me know where you get it!

    I'M GETTING SCARED!! But more excited than scared

    -Magoo

    ReplyDelete