Friday, June 4, 2010

The Eve of Change

Twas the night before testing and all through the track, everyone is hoping I don't have a heart attack.

Welp, it's on folks. I'll be donning the new shoes, ready to carry me through the mile run, something called a sit and reach and a pathetic minute of push ups.

I'm nervous, excited and hoping I won't require oxygen after it's all over. Maurio and I spent a fun date night at the horse track and I watched those horses run a mile and all I could think was, "well, at least I won't have some small little man sitting on me, smacking me with a whip". Then again, maybe I'd run faster. Or maybe I need to keep my fantasies to myself.

I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be. I'm on the verge of something - I hope it's greatness. I shared my fears with a good friend this week and asked her, "do you think I can really do this?" She simply replied, "I think you can do whatever you put your mind to." With that kind of endorcement and encouragement, it'll be hard to fail. Proving her (and myself) right is up to me. In ten weeks, I'll owe her a big thank you - it's turned out to be the very boost in confidence I needed.

And I heard them exclaim as I laced up my shoes, "Get to it Michelle, you can do whatever you choose!"

Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment