Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lucky Number Eight!

Eight weeks down! I can't believe I've been at this for two months. I remember the first week, thinking, "I can't wait for this to be over." And now that I only have two weeks left of the challenge, I find myself wishing for more weeks. I've loved the entire experience of Farrell's FXB - there's a comraderie and such a huge support system in play that nobody can really fail at this. Just when you don't think you can't do another push up or pound the bag with another right jab/cross combo, there's someone, whether it's a teammate, coach or an instructor, urging you to push past the pain and find a new level of personal accomplishment.

I'm thrilled with the inches I'm losing and the smaller size of shorts I'm wearing, but what I'm most proud of is how much stronger I am now. Hauling the laundry up from the laundry room would wind me, running around the track even once, nearly made me collapse and the thought of doing more than ten pushups was ludicrous.

Now I'm bounding up the stairs with two laundry baskets, running a mile at a respectable pace and if we do less than 50 pushups in a class, I feel cheated. Can I leap tall buildings in a single bound? Well, no - I'm not super human, but I'm a stronger human than I used to be and that, I'm proud of.

To steal a lyric from that all too famous female anthem of the 70's.........

I am woman, hear me roar.

...and for good measure, watch me do some pushups!!!!

Two weeks to go. I can't wait to see who I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment